Monday 23 March 2009

A love at the shore - No. 3

wide warmth.
-- your palms surrendered --
still lingers on the other side of my neck

against which
I sense breath and urge
to combine yourself
with me

you’re not here
but it’s a comfort
to remember that you were

on a bridge
covered with silence

in the maze
of another-night

I liberate you.

and watch you sway through
memories, sealed, dense
projected high -- far too high
in the air, in the years
sore.
feral.
umbilical.
haze.
exhaled.
encapsulated.
from my torture
hoisting fear and even quieter -- silence

that apathetic wind
scatters
then filters --
me

but will you turn
or be burned
watch forever the light in this hand.


attached to a vertical river
with strong engulfing, sharp currents
attached to pain, deep breathing pain
attached to need
pulsating in the rhythm of
regret
induced, ingested yearn--ing
heartfelt echoes drawn through
in epilogues.

No comments:

Post a Comment